Our Vision Therapy center in Exton offers a full range of services to clients of all ages, from children to older adults. Some visual conditions cannot be treated adequately with glasses, contact lenses, surgery, and/or eye patching and are best resolved through a program of Vision Therapy.
Exton Vision Therapy Services
Our optometrists at Boas Vision Associates provide individualized programs of eye exercises and other methods that can treat non-refractive vision problems such as eye alignment and lazy eye. Learn more about the benefits of Vision Therapy below.
What is Vision Therapy?
Vision Therapy is an individualized, supervised, treatment program designed to correct visual-motor and/or perceptual-cognitive deficiencies. Vision Therapy sessions include procedures designed to enhance the brain’s ability to control:
- eye alignment
- eye tracking and eye teaming
- eye focusing abilities
- eye movements, and/or
- visual processing.
Eye, Visual-motor, and Cognitive Skills Therapy
Visual-motor skills and endurance are developed through the use of specialized computer and optical devices, including therapeutic lenses, prisms, and filters. During the final stages of therapy, the patient’s newly acquired visual skills are reinforced and made automatic through repetition and by integration with motor and cognitive skills.”
Who Benefits from Vision Therapy Eye Exercises?
- Visual Learning Disabilities
- Children or Adults with Eye Tracking Problems
- Problems with Binocular Vision - Eye Teaming, Depth Perception, etc.
- Children and Adults with Lazy Eye (Amblyopia)
- Children and Adults with Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Convergence Insufficiency (common near vision disorder)
- Double Vision (diplopia)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) including Stroke, Birth Injury, Brain Damage, Head Injury, Whiplash, Cerebral Palsy, MS, etc.
- Concussions, Post-concussive Symptoms, etc.
- ADD, ADD/ADHD, Attention Deficit Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
- Developmental Delays
- Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS)
- Sports Vision Training
Vision Therapy can be the answer to many visual problems. Don't hesitate to contact our office with your questions.